Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cronuts

Now it's common knowledge that I enjoy my food and I especially enjoy trying new things, so when I heard that the Caramel Bakery was the first place to sell Cronuts in Muscat I knew I had to try them.

The Cronut is half croissant and half donut and was created by a french pastry chef in New York. 

When we lived in Chicago, there was a small bakery called the Donut Vault round the corner from our apartment which sold some of the most amazing donuts. It would bake a certain amount of donuts in the morning and would only stay open until all of the donuts had been sold. There were some days that people would queue for over an hour just to get their hands on a donut. Dominique Ansel (the creator of the cronut) is using the same marketing strategy. I'm not sure if the same happened at the Donut Vault, but according to the Huffington Post people are buying the $5 cronuts and selling them on Craigslist for up to $40.

We are hoping that the guys at Caramel are going to work with us at m events in a new upcoming project we busy trying to finalize. Maybe thats not a good thing for the waist line…

Anyway, whatever happens, these guys are amazing at what they do and their cronuts, as well as the other items on sale are some of the best in town. 









No comments:

Post a Comment