Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It feels like home to me!

So, after weeks of worrying about moving to Muscat and how my fair Northern Irish skin was going to turn 17 different shades of pink during the Summer, it turns out I have nothing to worry about.




This is an example of some of the flooding that is going on around Muscat and Oman at the minute. Flooding like this at home would take days and days, if not weeks of solid heavy rain. Over here 2 days of rain, which I don't think has been that heavy and there are floods everywhere. I suppose when you get 362 days of sunshine there is always going to be a knock on effect. 



I think my new found confidence in surviving the summer will be short lived. The locals tell me that sometimes Mother Nature likes to tease people like me and by next week I should be prepared!


No comments:

Post a Comment